Saturday, January 19, 2008

Where to start...the first step is always the hardest

I have some changing to do. Getting started is tough; the first step is always the hardest. This is a blog to keep me focused. It's probably not a permanent thing, just a place to hang a few thoughts while I crystallize my plans and develop my dreams.

My other blog, Willa's Notebook, is about my success at achieving my weight goals. Now that I have made a habit of eating properly and changing my eating habits, it's time to tackle some other things.

Managing my weight was my first priority. Second, is regaining control of my "stuff". Clutter is an enemy of mine. Why things have gotten out of control isn't important right now...I'll blog about that later. The bottom line is that it's going to change.

I've been working "at" it but I haven't turned my full attention to it as I am now...today...this is it.

Since I have had such a huge success with managing my weight I have become extremely empowered knowing that I can make other changes.

I have learned tools to assure my success:

--I have a mantra. "Never, never, never give in."
--I have learned to dream and journalize and envision my planned success...as regularly as I get up everyday...it's got to be done.
--I have learned that baby steps toward a desired goal is better than doing nothing; breaking things down into tiny steps helps get a project underway.
--I have learned that sometimes a person has to teach themselves how to want something very passionately...passionately enough to do what it takes to accomplish the desired outcome.
--I have learned that strength of character is built in the small things of life and that saying "no" and "yes" to yourself at the right times is a character building experience.
--I have learned that when I encounter "people-noise" which throws up a roadblock in my mood I should envision the blue of the Caribbean Ocean and the warmth of the water sliding over me and away. It temporary and fluid. I shouldn't retain any of it or harbor the things which come out of the mouths of people who tend to push my buttons accidentally or intentionally.
--I have learned that my own words are some of the most important and meaningful words I will ever hear; I must be careful about what I say.

Perhaps through "Willa, Willa, Caterpilla" I will learn new tools to create my desired successful outcomes. That's the plan, Stan. Let's get 'er done.

No comments: