Saturday, January 19, 2008

First Grader Stuff - The Laundry Challenge

I've got household chores to do. I'd rather sit here and write! Why I have developed these bad habits can come at a later time. Right now, before I start writing a long, dark tale I need to say "Yes" to taking action and "No" to taking the path of least resistance.

I have a load of clothes to hang up. And, I don't want to be cause my closet is unorganized and in disarray. Nonetheless, the clothes must be hung up and another task undertaken.

For people who have no trouble with staying on task and clutter, this has got to sound like first grade, or nursery school, or the rubber room. But, for people who have these same types of difficulties...well, they know where I am coming from.

Messy, disorganized, wonderful peeps, if you are out there reading this at some distant moment, take this laundry challenge with me. Determine that you will do at least one load of laundry to it's completion every day for two weeks. Wash, dry, fold, hang, put the hell away. Who knows? Maybe the results will be so great and inspiring when things aren't piled up on the weekend so high that you'll find it's a worthwhile effort!

I rely on my learned journey of weight loss...even when it looks hopeless, dream of clean, organized spaces and keep on keepin' on! Never, never, never give in!

(Commitment: I'll report back how this is working out for me every day, and I'll let you know how this evening's progress goes between tasks.)

No comments: